Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Old Dogs review by DC Tauntaun
For half a movie, the chemistry worked. For half a movie I laughed a bit. For half a movie, I cared. The first half is so pointless that I struggled to stay in the game. I don't remember laughing until the fourth reel when all of a sudden the writers found a connection and purpose. In the end, I can say the film turned out okay, but I was worried there. The first time I actually found myself chuckling was when the kids mix up their pills and we get to see the aftermath. From there, it was all about reminiscing on the role of a dad. I have a feeling that if I was about 20 years older I might "get it" a bit more. I think the older crowd will really get a kick out of it. The message, once it gets on track, is a good one for fathers. For Thanksgiving, there are a few decent family films. Go ahead and add this to the list. Just remember though, hold on and get through the first hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment