Sunday, November 22, 2009

Planet 51 Review by DC Tauntaun

I actually looked forward to this one. Being a sci-fi fan I was curious since the trailer was rather funny. It didn't disappoint with some funny moments, but it also wasn't a great film. In the mold of the silly animated films like Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs and Ice Age, This one was more laughs than greatness. It plays off of some of the great science ficiton films of old and gave me a chuckle. I did enjoy this one more than Meatballs though. The idea was clever, and they did throw in a pretty obvious moral to the story. The human character played by Dwayne Johnson is pretty forgettable, but a few of the alien characters gave some deepened interest. The story was straight out of a Hollywood "script class" as it was very predictable. They did throw in a pretty dumb innuendo towards the end, but it will go right over the heads of most children. In comparison to other family fare out there right now, it's not a bad choice if little green people with four toes are your cup of tea.

No comments: