Friday, November 6, 2009

Review of The Fourth Kind by DC Tauntaun

I actually chose this film to keep from screening The Box that looked rather boring to me. At least I got a good laugh out of this one. Telling the story of an abductee, the psychiatrist apparently had video of multiple "events" and the movie wraps around them. The film wanted to be a drama, but it was a documentary. The film wanted to be a documentary, but it was a horror film. The film wanted to be a horror film, but it was only drama. I don't know. Yes, I do, it was a comedy. The footage that is apparently real, it rather disturbing, yes. Luckily, the aliens make the film go fuzzy each time so at least it gives you something to squint at and wonder what is going on. Funny how those aliens always know to block out film so we will never know. As I watched the credits and noticed that many of the film makers were from Germany I chuckled again as I could see the producers saying, hey, those Americans love this stuff! The usage of "actual" footage and dramatized scenes was creative, but it falls flat. For those that enjoy going to UFO siting websites, this one is for you. For those that enjoy watching creepy "reality" shows, this one is for you. A few of the scenes could spook the easily spooked, so if you know someone that wants to enjoy a good disturbing drama suspense documentary comedy, you know where to go!

No comments: