Friday, December 4, 2009
Review of Armored by DC Tauntaun
The commercial looked so predictable, I rolled my eyes on this one. Then the opening scene, combined with the intense music and views of .... gasp... armored transports, one after the other, tried to intimidate and I couldn't help but wonder if anyone honestly thought that what I was seeing was as important and impressive as the director was trying to make it out to be. One of the best things going for this film is it is very short. It allows you to dig into this "action film" for what it's worth and not get pulled left and right trying to go somewhere. You know where it's going, and you know how it's going to end. Thus, it is strictly an action film for those that want pure action. Pure Rambo like action. Columbus Short played the one character you can appreciate. For his job at hand, he was likable and stood out amongst the many known stars in the film. I find it hard to recommend the film to the everyday person, but a fan of action films will find a sureal bit of brash action. And when you think to yourself, how would you get that sardine out of the can, maybe you can outsmart these criminals that should be nominees for the Darwin awards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment