Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Alvin & the Chipmunks the Squeakquel Review by DC Tauntaun

Sitting through the high energy squealing voices of the Chipmunks, the many 80's songs brought me back to my upbringing. What memories. Good thing I have them because I won't have a memory of this film. Since I am not 6 any more, Certain concepts just don't get me excited anymore. Loaded with lots of bumbling gags and musical tunes, this sequel goes for a target audience and they forgot to tell me to be interested.
Zachery Levi is the "babysitter" in this one (the star of the TV show Chuck) and I like his role in that a lot. In this one, he is going one step further for the ultimate loser role. Plus the chipmunks get to meet the Chipettes. Poor Dave, and he thought 3 were a handful.
Take the youngest ones and let them have fun. I am sure for them getting to see singing Chipmunks is as exciting for them as it was for us when we were that age. Filled with solid morals and values, the storyline can give some decent lessons. I may feel the film just wasn't very good, but in the end, it's not really for me, is it.

No comments: