Sunday, October 26, 2008

REview of Nightmare Before Christmas 3D by DC Tauntaun

Once again the 3D version is back in theatres for Halloween. For those that like this show and have not seen it in 3D I would recommend catching it at a theatre in 3D. For those that didn't like it, there is other shows that the 3D is more impressive to delve into the new 3D craze. Although a very creative film, and thought provoking in many ways, I just have never been a big fan of this show. It is just too wierd and out there for my middle of the road tastes. There are some songs you'll hum the rest of the night, but in the end I just couldn't help but ask myself over again "now is this a Halloween film? Or a Christmas film?" because to this day I still think this is a movie about Christmas. Sure he goes back to being the Pumpkin king in the end, but the crux of the show is about trying to explain to the ghouls what the Christmas spirit is and Jack makes the wrong choice in how he goes about it nearly costing everyone Christmas. So if they would just stop releasing it for Halloween, it would make me happy.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

So glad to hear I'm not alone in thinking the Nightmare Before Christmas one of the worst "childrens" (WHAT?) movies out there!