Friday, July 30, 2010
Charlie St. Cloud review by DC Tauntaun
I ended up liking the story. It was intriguing and unique. But..... I found the "execution" of the film to be lacking. As moments would start to build, something would end up just "missing" and fail to draw me in like a movie of this type should. Zac Efron is and isn't the right actor for the film. What I mean, is as Sam's big brother, he is ideal. As Sam's depressed big brother, he's not. I certainly don't want to give away any main parts of the film for someone planning on seeing it, but for those that know nothing about it, it deals with dealing with personal loss. Charlie has do learn with overcoming the death of this little brother and finding a way to get on with his life. The poster says "life is for living". Critics are going to shred it. I am going to tell you it's not a very well done film. But I will tell you that the story itself has enough to it, that if you're looking for a film to see, this could suffice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment