Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ice Age 3 Review by DC Tauntaun

Touching, Entertaining, Action Adventure are the four words to best describe this film. Although full of comical moments, it's comedy doesn't compare to the other ones. On the flip side, like the second Night at the Museum, this one entertains more. I kept wondering if I was watching the animated version of Mr. Mom, acting like Indiana Jones, in the next Jurassic Park. The characters do get somewhat forgotten about in all the action and suspense of the road trip through Dinosaurland, but it is clever enough to keep you involved and the animation is great enough to see it for that alone. I personally won't be buying the show as it missed something for me, but I do believe that a lot of people will find it worth seeing. It hits on a whole bunch of morals and values as they try to intertwine it all, but again, something just happens that keeps it from getting over the top. Maybe it is the non-stop interruptions of Scrat throughout the show. Funny at first, but it becomes a burden and filler throughout. Some gross jokes, and simple innuendo show up at times, but that seems to be the norm in most animated kids movies now days. Enjoy the adventure as I give it reluctant approval.

No comments: