Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Review of Transformers 2 by DC Tauntaun
I walked out getting what I expected walking in. Lots of action. Lots of special effects. Lots of Adrenaline. Lots of bad dialogue. Lots of cheesy lines. And an entertaining film. I know there will be people that are not going to like it. Was it too shallow for them? Was it too poorly written for them? Was it too long for them? It is not hard to find the flaws, but honestly, what were they expecting from a movie about robots that can look like cars? I guess I enjoyed it more because I already had low expectations. I thought is was entertaining and actually disagreed with many critics in that I actually felt it wasn't all just action. There are some pretty long scenes that don't involve explosions. Sure they could have cut out about 45 minutes from the show, but they cover so much back story of the autobots, that it was inevitable. Where the first one was the story of the humans having a robot experience, this one was about the autobots with an occasional human experience. I do agree that the writing failed miserably, but I will have to forgive it since it was a decent chapter in the autobot storyline. For those offended by the innuendo, like the first, this one has them but even more unnecessary and unfunny inuendo's made it's way into this one. If you enjoyed the first, go enjoy this one. There's really no reason to over analyze it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment