Wednesday, July 22, 2009

G-Force 3D Review by DC Tauntaun

I finally figured out where a bunch of the stimulus money must have went to..... someone said "we have to stimulate the economy. Give 100 million to Bruckheimer to make a movie. Tell him we don't care what it's about, it just has to be done immediately!". Then producer Bruckheimer sat down and said something like "lets create a bunch of jobs. tons of special effects means jobs, and while we're at it make them Guinea Pigs so we can boost the pet stores in this economy." and off they went to work. Randomly throwing money to stimulate the economy on whatever in the movie they felt like doing that day. The end result? The most expensive Guinea Pig movie you'll ever see. Was I ever really cheering for a guinea pig? Nope. Weak screenplay resulted in really not caring one wit about the characters. Dialogue that not even a Guinea Pig would say, came through the speakers. Other than the goofy glow around the characters at times, the computer animation was pretty good. Lots and lots of action sequences rolled through, but everytime a Guinea Pig went "dashing" across the screen to try to escape the bad guys, I rolled my eyes. Am I really sitting here watching these rodents drive plastic balls with circle blades cutting tires? I am sure if I was 8 I might appreciate it more, but since I am not, I can't give it more than just what it is........ A shoot em up, boom, bang, woosh, pitter patter, Guinea Pig action flick that stimulated the economy. Oh, and do Guinea Pigs really have flatulence issues?

Note: I do enjoy the new 3D style, and sure it made the movie's special effects a little more special, but I will let you decide if the extra 3D cost is worth it.

No comments: