Friday, May 29, 2009
Review of Up by DC Tauntaun
Pixar has this habit of making great films and they once again made a great film. Unfortunately, they have also gotten into the habit of making their films adult themed. Up is no different. It feels like it was a message for everyone but the little ones that animation used to be only geared towards. The story is touching, and the animation is wonderful. The characters are not quite as strong as past shows, but by the end you do at least appreciate the old man and what he finally comes to realize. Like Wall E, it is not all that humorous. Although I chuckled a couple of times, the story overpowers the lighter moments as you wonder if you're in a drama or a family film. Although I wonder if my 6 year old will be bored in it, I can say it is very well done if you're older and looking for a decent storyline. It is clever and eye opening. The scout brings back some good old scouting memories and the dogs, well there are enough dogs to satisfy all dog lovers. The quirks in the film will make you wonder, but I see no reason in not experiencing Pixar's latest. I did see it in 3-D and enjoyed that. Is it worth the 3-D surcharge? I will leave that up to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Couldn't agree with you more. I thought it was a little too adult. The kids liked it, but not enough "yuks" for the little ones. We saw it in 3D... don't really think it's worth the extra.
Post a Comment