Thursday, May 21, 2009

Terminator Salvation Review by DC Tauntaun

Ultimately, this show is summed up as a "cool summer popcorn flick". Sure the writing was poor, and the dialogue pointless. Sure the plot holes are wide enough to drive the solar system through. Sure the cardboard characters could be bought from a standee store. It is still a "cool summer popcorn flick". The film is basically non-stop action from start to finish, and some of those scenes are superb. There are some special effects moments that are amazing. After the screening I was asked what I thought. I mentioned that I thought the first 2/3 of the film was better than the last third. I thought that the unfolding of the "future" and the events around John Conner was intriguing. The final third was just a 30 minute action wrap up (which was still "cool"). Sam Worthington I thought did a decent job in his role. Go to this one with two thoughts.... It's not trying to win an oscar and you have been waiting to see what that future holds..... then you can get past it's many flaws and just kick back for the ride.

No comments: