Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Review by DC Tauntaun

I will have to say I may be the only guy in the world that saw Twilight twice before opening day. Crazy projector issues required I indulge again. I am still alive, but I may be immortally scarred. Once in a while an absolute chick flick comes along. It is not a bad thing, but I think finding guys that love this movie will be difficult to locate. One reason may be that Edward's character has so much more depth and is much more interesting than Bella who comes across just as a girl with a crush on forbidden love. Guys just really have no reason to Ooo and Aah over a vampire torn over loving her or sucking her blood.

The film follows a successful formula for drawing in the romantically exquisite watcher. I can see that from the "teasing" moments throughout the movie. The fans are going to like this movie. So much that I have no doubt many fans will see it over and over. I don't believe a non-fan of the books though will find too much from watching it.

It is a unique angle to the vampire genre and certainly has it's place in society. It does have one very short violent and disturbing fight at the end, but otherwise go and enjoy the building of a forbidden relationship.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey Case! I just went and saw the movie! I loved it! And you are right, Edward's character is much better developed than Bella's. Has Vickey seen it?

tracey said...

I thought the makeup was WAY overdone on the vampires. I thought a lot was lost on people who haven't read the book. The second half was definitely better than the first half. Too many close ups and too much forced intensity. But that comes from someone who hasn't read the book and unfortunately was in theatre 5 on opening night :-(
My girlst went back to see it again, but I took the little kids to Bolt instead of seeing it again. I'm sure the girls will want to buy it, so I will see it again then.