Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bolt Review by DC Tauntaun

After hearing from my wife about the disappointment in Madagascar and it's racy jokes, I was pleased to see Disney kept this one clean. On the flip side, this one is PG for the action and violence. Bolt is an action hero dog and many of his scenes are dramatic. I thought the story was enjoyable, and the hamster cracked me up. I am sure my children are going to enjoy it, but I will be curious if my daughter is impacted by the burning building scene (it is a bit scary). Although not great, it was nice to see a solid cartoon for kids not trying to reach both kids and adults. This one is strictly a Saturday morning cartoon that isn't thinking about the adults in the writing.

1 comment:

tracey said...

I thought it was,like you said a fun kids movie. It was Abby's first 3D movie, so that was especially exciting for her. She wasn't scared of the fire scene at all. Since my kids haven't seen "The Trueman Show" it was a new plot to them, but I was a bit disappointed that they couldn't think of a better story line than one that has been already done.
Entertaining, clean show for the little ones. Like you said it was nice to have a show that was just for kids.