Case needed screeners, did I raise my hand 4 times? Yes. And I ended up screening twice in a row with two prints needing to be screened. Phew. That is one long movie, twice. Nine reels for those that know 35MM theatre projection.
The best part about Prince Caspian is that it isn't a rehash of the first. I enjoyed the first and think it was a better all around show than this one, but like the Empire Strikes Back, this show always feels like the bad guys have the upper hand and there is a lot of turmoil throughout the good guys. I liked that they went after a completely different set of emotions with each character showing how flawed some of them were. It did feel a little long, but that was to be expected with it's length. I was really surprised how deeply spiritual this one was. I know the first one had religious overtones, but I didn't expect this one to hit on things like the apostasy, thinking one can handle things on their own without the help of a superior being, losing faith in something previously believed in, etc. This one will be enjoyed by anyone that enjoyed the first. I did enjoy this film. Twice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment