Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Toy Story 3 in 3-D review by DC Tauntaun

The first two films are in a class of their own in regards to entertainment that spans all age groups. I was curious if they could pull it off again. A couple hours later, I would say they got real close. It's tough to live up to the expectations of the first two, and it doesn't quite reach superstar status. But then again, I am comparing it to two of the greatest animated films of all time. If I compare the third one to the other animated product out there, I would say this one did very well. It took some time to draw me in, but inevitably it pulled it off by the middle of the show as the storyline started to pull tightly together. There are plenty of laughs like the first two. They stroke the heart strings as they still make you re-fall in love with your old toys and once again, second guess whether you should really ship your toys off to a thrift store or pre-school. It explores new darker territory at times and I will be anxious to see how my youngest enjoys those parts. For a moment I thought I was watching Prison Break, but the laughs kept reminding me I was enjoying a new toy story. The 3-D was solid and did add to the film. Not like an Avatar, but enough that if you have the money to spend, check it out in 3-D. It's not a necessary part of the film, but it helps enhance some of the scenes. In summary, a great third addition to the Toy Story world. It's definately one I enjoyed,.

No comments: