Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Knight and Day review by DC Tauntaun
It was nice to see some of the charm that made Tom Cruise famous in the first place. That part works in the film. As he brings a chuckle to the action, it helps keep the rest of the story moving along. As the story plods along, there was enough to keep my interest and remind me why I like decent spy films. It is no James Bond, but it was Roy Miller. I am not a fan of the casting of Cameron Diaz here. For the chemistry that Cruise brings to the role, I think she actually detracts from it. For every fresh action sequence, an unbelievable one follows it, but that can be forgiven considering we've forever allowed James Bond to get away with that. In a summer lacking the tent pole films, we get another decent film that entertains but won't reach elite status. Where Killers failed, this one does a little bit better. Go and remind yourself of why you liked Tom Cruise the first time around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment