Friday, January 15, 2010
The Lovely Bones Review by DC Tauntaun
Screening this film I felt like I spent 2 hours in the mind of a serial killer, and 2 hours in the mind of a tormented, sad father. Somewhere between creepy and psycho I found myself getting angry. How dare he! Possibly the best PSA ever put out regarding understanding Predators, the moral of this movie was devastating for a father like me. I certainly did think a few times of grounding my daughter to stay in the house the rest of her life. Stanley Tucci played a chilling character, and played the role of Mr. Harvey perfectly. If you're not screaming in anger for justice by the end of this movie, then you're watching a different show. Go into this one ready, because the thematic elements will test your mettle. It is based on a book, and the way it is written involves a lot of jumping around from the living to the girls "halfway to heaven" world. This breaks the continuity reducing the effectiveness of the suspense. But the grave act of a child serial killer is enough to keep one yelling at the screen. The cinematography is beautiful at parts. Susie was well cast and adds to the dread. The movie is well done, but the theme will keep a lot of people from liking this one. So should I move my family to the middle of nowhere free of any other human beings? I don't know, but if I see Stanley Tucci on the street I am turning around and running away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment