Thursday, January 7, 2010
Leap Year Review by DC Tauntaun
Guys. Every once in a while you need to sit through a romantic comedy with your loved one. I am not saying this is a great one, but the Irish humor and snarky stabs back and forth through the first half make it somewhat watchable and you will get the brownie points for sitting through it. Chemistry between the two stars as a comedy works well. Chemistry between the two stars as a romance misses. In other words, this one won't go down as an all time favorite for anyone, but plenty of people will find it entertaining. I will be honest when I say I was sad to see them start to fall for each other. They were funny when they were snipping back and forth and not getting along. Rated PG it was also surprisingly clean for a show like this coming from Hollywood. It does have some language and some adult themes, but it isn't overloaded with inuendo and off color jokes that lace so many of the others. The Irish countryside was nice to look at and the film eventually wraps up with a nice little bow. This one will be mildly popular and it will find it's audience. Now go get those brownie points.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment