Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Review of Michael Jackson's This is it by DC Tauntaun
Love him or Hate him, you have to admit he is one heck of an entertainer. This documentary about the preparations for his tour in London before his passing, gives a glimpse into the level of showmanship and quality he put into his concerts. With amazing sets and digital interaction this concert looked like it was going to be more broadway play than rock concert. I have to believe Michael Jackson put more into one song at the concert then most groups put into their whole concert. I was not a big Michael Jackson fan growing up, but admit that a few of his songs were superb. This documentary was mostly his rehearsing of the songs with little dialogue, but what dialogue you get does let fans peer into his soul as the last words they will get to hear him speak. Fans should relish in the tribute as it seems well made and favorable for Michael. In regards to the quality of the film if it didn't come with the extra attention on Michael, it is rather slow and tedious. It won't win any awards, but that brings me back to what I got out of it, which is a tribute to a man that changed the music industry and affected millions of lives. The documentary does it's best to piece together the concert. I'll admit, that woudl have been an amazing concert. I am sure a lot of fans will be grateful they got to experience part of it, since Michael didn't get to finish what he started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment