Friday, October 2, 2009
Review of Invention of Lying by DC Tauntaun
After the first 15 minutes of the show I thought I was in for a filthy comedy laden with inuendo. The writers seemed determined to make sure everyone's mind was on "sex" since they were all speaking "truth". Luckily for the film, the beginning was the gags that made the writers laugh and they had to fit it in somewhere, they put it at the beginning to get it overwith. After that, the interesting concept got, well, interesting. The concept that everyone only told the truth yet he found a way to manipulate his life in to the way he wanted it through lying was clever. The humor is very, very dry and witty. Probably too dry and witty for it's own good. The mainstream may not truly "get it". Careful, you might miss the romantic comedy there in the wittiness. I think there will be a solid core of people out there that will thoroughly enjoy this. I thought there was some great moments interspersed throughout. Like island hopping from one good one to the next with not a lot in between. Although it starts filthy, if you can get past that, you may be presently surprised. Now why don't you ask the "man in the sky" what you should do. They did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment