Friday, October 16, 2009
Where the Wild Things Are Review by DC Tauntaun
I remember reading this book in Kindergarten. There is no way I am taking my 6 year old to that film. Was the book really that full of anger? Depression? Sadness? Sorry? Misery? Psychotic angst? Obviously the very deep message of the book is one reason it is such a classic, but I definately got a different feeling from the movie than what I remember from the book. The movie itself is very well done. For someone looking for a bizarre, wierd, what is this movie that is well done.... you have your film. The set pieces and cinematography are good. The boy held his own in what he was expected to play. But if someone tells me this movie is for children I am going to start busting through Wild Thing houses. This drama is deep and holds a message, but it wasn't until 30 seconds left I got to smile. There will be adults and teenagers alike that will enjoy this film as the story will resonate with their memories, and appreciate the creativity, but I am one Wild Thing reader that will let you go and see it and I will do my own Wild Thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment