Friday, August 21, 2009

Post Grad Review by DC Tauntaun

This 5 reel movie felt like an 8 reel movie. It only ran 90 minutes but just never seemed to end. It's unfortunate for certain movies that are completely destoyed by poor writing. Nothing is worse than a comedy with poor writing. On top of that, nothing is worse than a film that is supposed to be a comedy romance that spends too much time trying to be a comedy and squeezes in the romance. These writers just need to hang up the overalls and find another career. The funny parts were so unfunny that I caught myself continually asking myself why they even thought to say that. What a waste of Carol Burnett's talents. When they took a closeup of the garden gnome for the third time I knew we were in trouble. Also, the side stories? Why even put them in the movie if you're just going to forget about them? Another sign of the weak writing. Alexis Bledel fans will be fine with her role and may even enjoy the film. I'll finish by saying it could have been, until the writers went to work.

No comments: