Friday, August 7, 2009
G.I.Joe review by DC Tauntaun
Have you ever watched that guy walk down the street strutting like he's the coolest thing on earth, but in reality you're chuckling at his proposterousness? Enter GIJoe. Oh to be 12 and to love all 4,952 action scenes, then go out and buy the figures. The action scenes start right off the bat and never stop. Action scenes that go from creative to outlandish. Stalwart to unbelievable. Stunning to laughable. They tried so hard to be cool and action driven that they produced a comedy. Also, there must be a class in Hollywood that teaches writers how to write the most horrible dialogue for action movies. It felt like some gung-ho twentysomethings got their big break and they get to write their dreamy overzealous views of what they think is "awesome". Whomever did the computer animation must have run over budget or hired uncle Billy to do the work. Some of the effects left a ton to be desired. Someone please tell Channing to drop the cardboard look he always has on his face. I really didn't like how the flashbacks really messed up the flow of the movie. Now that I have ripped it, I'll give it's glass half full moment. I'm impressed they managed to get a studio to spend that much money on that vision. I was impressed with the martial arts fighting scenes (snake eyes was by far the best character). I was impressed that they managed to crank up the action for long periods of time. Action fans should absolutely not worry about the flaws. Go and laugh. Go and smile. Go and let it be just what it is......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment