Saturday, March 28, 2009
Monsters Vs. Aliens Review by DC Tauntaun
I was truly disappointed with this one. Where should I start? For the first time I would say the 3-D was actually irrelevant. Usually the 3-D enhances the film, but in this it really didn't matter. Second, the writers seemed to be writing a comedy stage routine instead of a movie. It really wasn't that funny though. Almost as if the writers were sitting in a circle saying "oh lets throw that in... and that too... and how about this", all for one scene. I also don't think my children (3 and 6) will find anything about it to be enjoyable. It plays to the 10+ crowd. The PG rating should have told me that in the first place, but usually the films like Madagascar or Shrek have something in them that draws the young ones to it. Zero character development. Wait, the blob had a little. We learned he has a thing for jello. Finally, the film is just pointless. Now to be fair, there will be those that find it hilarious, but I am guessing it will be the sitcom crowd since it really feels like a sitcom or sitting at the comedy club.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment