Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jonas Brothers 3D Concert review by DC Tauntaun

First I knew I was going into a concert, so my expectations dropped right there. Then, I went through it not knowing anything about the Jonas Brothers meaning I didn't have a perception of them already in my mind. The result? A rather bland concert with same sounding music throughout and still wondering why they didn't do more with the 3D. Obviously I am out of touch with modern music because every song had a similar rythm (minus 1 or two songs) and sounded alike. Not awful music, but not great and very redundant. Their actions were also rather repetative. Not very good showmen or entertainers. Pretty much the typical stage show concert persona. And the 3D really did feel like a novelty and nothing more. They truly could have done more with it as it was rare when you even noticed the 3D. With the title including "The 3D concert experience" I would have thought I would have been wowed by their 3D extravaganza. I don't think the 3D made a difference whatsoever. Now obviously if I was a 14 year old girl I might understand it more, but since I am not, I will have to let those that love the Jonas Brothers go and enjoy it. Otherwise, a word to the wise, only go if you're taking your daughter. At least that way you get brownie points with your daughter for trying to appreciate her music. For the fans of the Jonas Brothers, I am sure this is a wonderful experience getting to see them live.

No comments: