Sunday, March 22, 2009

Knowing Review by DC Tauntaun

This reminded me of a poor mans Shamalan film with a bizarre ending. My gut tells me that people are going to find the ending too wierd or odd to actually like this film, but I will say that I did like the creative manner in which they led up to the ending. Creepy, spooky, focusing on the unknown. That is what separates this film from the Deep Impacts or Armageddons. It is more of a mystery leading you towards the end. Not well written and some poor acting held it back from being a good film. The special effects were quite good and the violent scenes of tradgedy are quite well done and disturbing. You may look at the person next to you and say "did they really just do that?". The film is deeply religious in nature, and each individual person will perceive the message differently. This is the main reason I think the ending will ruin it for a majority because anyone who is religious will perceive it in a way that they disagree with and leave them... well disturbed... non-religious will just chalk it up as hokey. So I did enjoy the entertainment value of the film as they took me on a creepy journey, but I can only say, you honestly will not know whether you like this one or not until you have seen it. Because i am sure there are some people reading this right now that loved the film.

No comments: