Sunday, December 28, 2008

Valkyrie Review by DC Tauntaun

First, most go into this film knowing it is a failed plot against Adolf HItler. As a result, you sit watching the first half of the show saying, "why am I watching this as I know they fail. Boring." Through the first 75 minutes the storyline helps promote that "boring" feeling. It doesn't serve itself well in that time.

Second, once you realize the plot is more intricate and nearly gets pulled off, you begin to enjoy the film. So for the final 45 minutes you finally get into the show and forget about the first 75 minutes. In the end I can say I am glad I watched the show, but during those first 4 reels I would have taken your offer to go jump in a lake if you had asked.

There are some excellent actors surrounding Tom Cruise. Tom's role is rather boring for most of it, but unlike what some critics say, his issue isn't his acting, but the issue is the screenplay and direction they took his character. Luckily the surrounding cast pulls tightly the plot together and by the end you forget about Tom's flaws.

Not a great film, but good by the end. I ended up rather impressed by the "traitor's" efforts to nearly over throw the world's most evil dictator.

1 comment:

tracey said...

Too bad you guys are going to "the other" ward now. My Abby was really sad when your daughter told her. You will be a great asset there. I'll keep posted on your blog though. Always appreciate your reviews :D