Friday, April 25, 2008

"Baby Mama" Review by DC Tauntaun

I saw the title, and almost reconsidered. Why am I watching a movie called "Baby Mama"? Then I remembered my dear readers. I made it through, but I don't think I can give an accurate review as I believe one has to be female to truly "get" this film.
A few laughs crept through, but the film felt like a drama with slapstick and silly moments edited in. Did it want to be a comedy? Did it want to be a touching romance? Did it want to be a drama? Obviously it is a comedy, but the editor didn't quite pull it together. It was also quite predictable and without getting attached to the characters it left to much time to think and that became noticable.
The film topic itself opens up the dialogue to hit it's PG-13 chord. Some unnecessary statements made throughout the film didn't fit nore was it even funny.
A movie with potential. But barely reach average. The main actress, Tina Fey, did a nice job on her role, but that is about it.

No comments: