Friday, April 2, 2010
Clash of the Titans 3D and non 3D review by DC Tauntaun
I ended up needing to watch both the 3D and the non 3D version. In the end, I liked the non-3D version the best of the two, but the end fight in 3D was impressive. Warner brothers took a film that hadn't been filmed for 3D and tried to make the transition to 3D very, very quickly. As a result, there are parts of the 3D version that had few flaws. This affects the continuity of the film and detracts from "getting caught up in the film". Each person will have to decide for themselves on this one since some of the action sequences were very good in 3D. For me, the flow and continuity of the non-3D is the way to go. I had forgotten how simple the storyline was for Titans. Growing up I loved the original cheesy film. Those that never saw it may look upon the story as missing something. But, if I remember right, back then it was all about the mythology, the action, the cool characters. There is not enough in the story to have anything missing, but at the same time the simple straight forward action scenes work on their own level. The editing is to be desired as it is flawed, and the absolutely hokie end credits need to go away for the DVD release. You'll see what I mean. Sam Worthington's supporting cast won me over as the film went along. Mads Mikkelson played a great Drako. Go have fun and remember what you're watching. Those action sequences weren't meant to win best picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment