Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Last Song Review by DC Tauntaun

In reading the title, I knew right off the bat I was in for a tear jerker. Based on whether someone has lost someone close to them or is getting old and wants to spend more time with their kids, the reaction to this film will be magnified. The film itself doesn't connect completely and the choice for Miley's boyfriend didn't help as he really never connects with the role or with his relationship in the film. On the other hand, I thought Greg Kinnear was great. Then again, I am guessing since I am an older guy who happens to be a dad of a daughter and son, that his role can relate more to me than a twentysomething beach dude. Miley had her moments as she tries to tackle the drama. I would have enjoyed more of the piano music and less of the gleeful lovey dovey moments. Then again, they were trying to bring her around to opening up her heart, and love does that. Go and enjoy a solid role by Greg Kinnear and take a box of kleenex if you go with an emotional friend.

No comments: