Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Avatar in 3D, really?

I have had a lot of people over the last 3 months ask me if seeing Avatar in 3D is really worth it. After having seen it now 6 times in 3D, and having taken someone new each time, the one common thread is that each person I brought was amazed. The new 3D (which is full of depth) is a lot of fun. Is it amazing with every film? No. Does it add to some films? Sure. Should every film be seen in the new 3D? No. Should Avatar be seen in the new 3D? Absolutely. The film was designed to have the 3D draw you into the world of Pandora. It was designed to co-exist with the film and have you forget your even watching it in 3D. This is where Avatar is the one film you should see in 3D. It succesfully makes it part of the film and enhances the technology and the world created by James Cameron. So if you're lucky enough to still have an Avatar 3D in your area, spend the money and go have fun, because once it's out of the theatres in your area, even the home 3D won't compare to the experience of seeing it on the 70 foot screen (or even bigger if you're near an IMAX). Here in Bend we get the 3D version for a couple more weeks before it goes away into history. I am sure I will end up taking someone else that hasn't seen it, just so I can see their eyes light up from the delightful ride called Avatar.

1 comment:

tracey said...

Thanks for the little chat the other day. I think you've convinced Brad we need to go see it now, esp. now that you got the 3D back. :D