Sunday, March 30, 2008

Review of the film "21"

Now gainfully employed, I can afford to feed my pet ants. Thank you Thorntons for the rope. Remember if you wish to respond to my reviews please respond to me, movie critic, DC Tauntaun.

For my first review we tackle the latest film out, "21". For anyone that has never played cards you may think you're seeing a show about a crazy 21 year birthday party. Or maybe a movie about the number of times football player Pac Man Jones has been arrested, but each time you would be in error.

"21" is a movie based on the book Bringing Down the House (which I hear is much, much better). A group of MIT students trained to count cards and team up to make a profit in Vegas at the tables. I am not a card player, so I found the show rather boring. It plodded along. And it is just too long. One who loves to play the game may find a different perspective, but it never grabbed my interest. There certainly were not any characters that one gets attached to either. Stick with the Oceans films if you want a movie about a group teaming up to make money.

No comments: