Wednesday, December 22, 2010
True Grit Review by DC Tauntaun
I was looking forward to this one, and I wasn't disappointed. The film is very well done, and the actors were very strong. The 14 year old actress was superb and I liked Jeff Bridges in his role. The best thing about this film, is that they didn't ry to remake the John Wayne film. They focused more on the book and it allows you to eventually forget about the old film and realize this is it's own film. I chuckled too as I thought about this 200 year old road trip. Even though the goal of the small group is to find and get the guy who killed her father, the film itself spends more time on the journey to get there. The character development between each other was very strong. They certainly do wrap up the goal in the end, but the value of this film is the progressino to get there. Witty and commical, the dialogue works on all levels. Die hard fans of the classic may struggle with the concept, but I was able to seperate this film from the old one. Go and enjoy a great film.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We really enjoyed it too, and like SO many other Cohen bros. films it is all about the journey. :D
Hope the new job is working out for you :D
I ended up seeing in 3x in the theatre, and Brad 4x!
Post a Comment