Sorry for the delay.....
Since I have not read the book, I didn't know what to expect. Having seen part 1 I immediately saw two things that stand out. One, the book must be loaded with tons of stuff. Part 1 seems to be rushed a bit as it tries to move through all the different parts to start telling the story. Even though the movie drags at times and seems quite long, the filmmaking is put together in a way that you feel they had to cram a ton into the 2 hours and 25 minutes of the first part. Second, Since the film is basically Act 1 or the first act, there really is no build up or typical procession of events to lead one through the traditional script writing process. There is just a lot of events and details that that are obviously trying to set up the traditional 2nd and 3rd acts. Fans or those that have read the books are going to like this more as they will know what is to come and will have that "urgency" of wanting to see how they do part 2. For me, I just want to see part 2 so that part 1 has purpose. Imagine taking away the whole cloud city segment of Empire Strikes Back and you'll get a perspective. Once I see the next part I will let you know truly how much I liked it. Fans of the films will certainly want to see this one so that you can piece together part 2, but I don't see many going back multiple times to see this one by itself. At least not like some of the other films that saw fans returning over and over. I can imagine when both parts are on Blue Ray, you'll have the "complete" film that will be enjoyed. This film maker, David Yates, did a good job on it as a whole and I still personally think the 6th film is my favorite of the series and he also did that one. I guess one more thing that sort of stood out, was this one sure seemed to have a lot of "soap opera" moments and the story has a sense of "doom" about it. I don't know what happens in the second part, so that could certainly be setting up the main aspects of the 7th book, but I will have to wait to find out.
Many have asked me about the "nude" scene. I personally think it was really over blown in the media and on the internet. It isn't a "nude" scene as much as it is a passionate scene of kissing where neither were wearing any clothes, but from the elbows down was blurred out, her front was covered by her arm and his, and since it was a dream sequence, they almost looked animated and not very real. It's short, but they do a lot of loud kissing to try and distract Ron. So those that are very sensitive to that stuff, won't like the scene at all and will most likely just not see it. For those that can close their eyes for 5 seconds, you'll find it a really dumb moment that didn't need to be done that way to still accomplish what they were trying to accomplish.
So the verdict will have to wait until I get the rest of the movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment