Tuesday, August 17, 2010
IMAX The Wildest Dream Conquering Everest review by DC Tauntaun
On vacation I knew I really wanted to get to the planatarium and see this film. My daughter and I sat through it and found ourselves engrossed in the dramatic story of George Mallory and Sandy Irvine in their attempt up the North face of Everest in the 1920's. Three decades before Everest was finally climbed by someone that survived the descent. Conrd Anker recreates the journey and the crossover film making of the original 1920's film bits to the modern shots is fabulous. Very well done. I am amazed at the camera crew that managed to get a 70MM camera up that high on everest and also get the shots they did. The angles on the 2nd step when Conrad Anker is climbing it without the ladder is great. Conrad proves in his climb up the second step that George Mallory could have made it up that "impassable" step so close to the top. They make a good case for Mallory making it all the way to the top before falling to their deaths. Your heart will stop as you watch Conrad Anker try to make the climb up the second step above the amazing drop of the north face. If you like IMAX films, the views are incredible and the story intriguing. Take the time to catch this one before it's off the big screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment