Friday, February 12, 2010
Percy Jackson Review by DC Tauntaun
I had not read the books or even seen them on the shelves before, so I didn't know what to expect. I spent the first half rolling my eyes at the cheesy cliche moments before the film grew up a bit and combined some action sequences to hold my interest. It's not a very good film, but with February being such a poor month for family films, this won't be a bad "only" option. Some of the action sequences are a bit intense, so I am hedging on whether I will be taking my 4 year old or not. The god vs. Demi-god style of concept is interesting, but over the top. The main actor will appeal as a teen heart throb for the 16 year girls as he did fine in his role. I did find it rather odd that the three underage characters got to fully enjoy the appeals of a Vegas casino. That just brought the watcher out of the show with a lack of reality. Lower your expectations and enjoy the final 45 minutes of action to give you some entertainment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment